I Dont Know What I am doing Here

I write cause i feel

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Boys Dont Cry ...But Men Do

Done...........
Engineering Done.......
Today was our formal get together at hotel presidency
Everything was going alright. Till about someone broke down and started crying. Well there certainly was and expectation that someone will cry in these type of gatherings . I have attended a few farewells my self never cryed and never understood why people got all senti and cryed their hearts out.
Today I know
People cry because they remember... thats it
they remember all the good times they had together...All the bad times when someone had stood beside them and held their hand.... All the sad times when they were consled by a friend...All the problematic times when they were helped by another.....Well we remember everything...

Back to today
Well who cryed first i dont know but the one i saw was ruby and then it was an spontanious chain reaction. Everyone who was there cryed .... atleast that is what it seemed to my teary eyes. If someone didnt then shame on him/her. It means they have nothing to remember no good times .... no bad times .... in short no life at college or in college to remember.

why i cryed ....
well in advance i had decided to be a person described earlier and had promised myself that come what may i will not make a fool of myself and cry. Why cry ..u feel a bit sad leaving friends behind but certainly thats life.
Well let me lead u to the trigger that got me howling and crying. As all Cs people would remember we were slowly moving around in a circle with the song PAL playing in the back ground and it suddenly struck me that of out the 75 odd people i am seeing in front of me today i will probably never 80-90% of these people ever. And boom the realization hit me that these friend who were a more constant feature atleast constantly present feature in my life than my parents for the last 4 year will just dissapear to never appear again. They will board a train and go to their homes and from many i will never hear again. Man that hurt me in my gut and i had a feeling i had experienced only a few times before. I suddenly realised that i might never ever again meet someone like Aman (Thats a exageration I am sure we will meet). I realized that a friend like Addy might be lost forever... Barik might just dissapear to sambalpur and never call.Ruby will never push me around and read my hand again. I will never be able to tease Anil again. I will probably never get to call rosy GULABOO and see her face turn red. I will probably never see NAK and Nishant together again , walking around as if they have no care in this world. I will probably never find someone as prefect as Jassi to talk with again. I will probably never see our infy guys Dj and Mohanty having so much fun and never have see them organize an event as DJ had done with the Punjabi Doles on 2nd. I will probably never hear again from Pushpa. I just might never come across bijay , lipu, gantu. I will probably never see or hear from Vinita and get to tease her aand call her BHOOT and yet have her never lose her cool. I will probably never get to see Anupam,rahul,sammy. I am also sure i will not get to meet a so down to earth hunk as SWARUP ever again. Will never get to annoy Kushboo. Will never see pandey dance again. Will not hear from Subra. May not hear from the SAANS group.May not get to go to my guru Manoj. And get to meet many more people that i have not mentioned here

And then the flood gates just opened and well .....i / we cryed
And u know what i am proud of the fact that we did.
It meant that there was something ...many things that we will miss
many memories that we will cherish
many events that we will remember
many faces that we will remember
these 4 years were a blast but now they are past

Here's rising a toast to 4 years that we spent together
And hoping that we be friends for atleast 40 more


(Guys pray someone marries soon so that we could have a reunion at their wedding)

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Abhi said...

Fear down the Spine of Mine.....

As i went past the first two lines it got tuffer on my part to read the whole of the post.Nevertheless i wanted to read it till the end.I feared if my eyes will start flowing.It ran down my spine tat this will b d case even with us.We all shall go one day may b nt this year bt next year in anyways.The fearing of departing n leaving my friends cudnt stop me from reading the whole thing.I can very well see my future thru ur writings n believe me i cant at least believe that u cried.Bt yes u must cry as rightly said by u that one who doesnt cry didnt have either good or bad times at coll.
It hardly matters wht u cudnt do bt wht matters is wht u really did in dese 4 yrs n this is wat makes u feel for all those small bt sharp memories.
Boss u have done it n i salute to all those ppl who cud truely live their life at KIIT.truely said that we live more with our friends than with our parents.
So may be its ur day today bt it will be ours someday tomorrow.So just waiting for that day when we shall cry n hope for another union party which is quite uncertain.
there is this thought back in every body's mind.The swan song has started for us too.
Hope U Carry on with ur lives n get another chance to meet someday at a party as yesterday.the most imp thing is that when u meet next at such a party u must again cry with the happiness that u met coz i have seen ppl meeting after years bt without any emotions.
Hope these 4 years last 4 years to come.
Signing off
Abhisek

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sila...i was just casually surfing the net when i came across this...and it just made me realise that the freinds with whom i spent 4 years of my life are all so far...and then i thought are they far enough...the day will come when someone of us wud meet someone of us in some part of this world ...and all those moments wud be alive again...those moments of fun,fighting,arguments...all those will never go away from our lives...even after almost two years when i read this article i felt as if it was yesterday when we were dancing together...crying together...cheers to those 4 years of our life...that has kept us united even if people are so scattered...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home